Pimento Cheese is a Southern staple and one of my all time favorites. A friend from Portland visited me in Durham, NC and tried it for the first time and fell in love. You can substitute any cheese you like, but choose two or three that have a nice contrast in flavor. You can also choose your fat level on the Greek Yogurt and Sour Cream, we used 2% and Non-Fat respectively. For pure heaven butter some bread and make a Pimento Grilled Cheese – Heaven.
- 5 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Red Pimentos
- 3 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 5 Tbsp Sour Cream
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl combine Cheeses, Pimentos, Greek Yogurt and Sour Cream. Add Salt and Pepper to taste, continue to add a little at a time until you meet your desired flavor. I like mine with a lot of Pepper.
- Serve with Celery Sticks, Multigrain Crackers or Bread (Note: Pimento Cheese makes a fantastic Grilled Cheese). Keep refrigerated between servings. Enjoy!