Lemon Miso Roasted Sweet Potatoes
I love dishes that are simply brilliant. Short prep time and a dish you can walk away from in the oven are two great factors. Take that and combine it with the fact that you can impress your guests with a unique ingredient like Miso, and you look like a seasoned pro. “Yeah, I cook with Asian umami inspired seasonings. No big deal.” Umami is the fifth taste profile (in addition to sweet, salty, sour and bitter), and means “yummy” or “delicious” in Japanese. Curious to learn more? Read this little article from NPR.
Yield: About 4-5 Servings
“ME” indicates a healthier Mindful Eating option.
2 Large Sweet Potatoes (or Yams), cut into bite sized cubes
1/2 Cup Leeks (or Yellow Onion), coarsely chopped
1/4 Cup White Miso*
4 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce (or Tamari)
1 Lemon Zest and Juice
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Freshly Ground Sea Salt
*You can find Miso in the refrigerated section near other Asian foods.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl whisk together Miso, Rice Vinegar, Olive Oil, Soy Sauce and Lemon Juice and Zest.
3. Add chopped Sweet Potatoes and Toss to coat potatoes.
4. Spread Potatoes and Miso sauce on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
5. Place in oven for about 40 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and serve warm. Enjoy!