White Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies
These joyful morsels were a bundle of success, and certainly a favorite out of the many cookies I made this year. The combination of salty and sweet is perfection. For added sweetness you can add chocolate drizzles to the top. Many of my sweet toothed friends prefer this version. I have a savory palate and like the cookies without the drizzle and with some added Sea Salt on top. Pure heaven.
- 3/4 Cup Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Kettle Chips, crushed
- 3/4 Cup Pecans, ground
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips
- 1/4 Cup Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
- Fresh Ground Sea Salt
- Optional (For Chocolate Drizzle):
- 1/2 Cup Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips, melted with a little milk to thin
- 1/2 Cup Nestle Semi-Sweet Morsels, melted with a little milk to thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer cream together Butter and Sour Cream. Once thoroughly combined, add Granulated Sugar and mix for about 4 minutes until light and creamy. Add Vanilla and continue to mix. Reduce mixer to low speed and add Potato Chips and Pecans and mix until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Remove bowl from electric mixer and stir in Flour and White Baking Chips until just combined, do not over mix.
- Scoop dough in large walnut sized spoonfuls (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons) onto parchment paper. Place balls on the parchment paper about an inch or two apart. Slightly smoosh and flatten each dough ball with the bottom of a glass or a cookie press covered in powdered sugar (see image above).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes until browned around the edges (tops will still be light in color).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from baking sheet. Once cooled drizzle with chocolates if desired (this adds a lot of extra sweetness, so for a more salty version omit this addition). Lightly top each cookie with fresh Sea Salt. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!