Seafood Tossed Brussels and Kale
Last week I started my Mindful Eating Plan and the first recipe I made was Langostino Tails with Brussels Sprouts and Kale. Langostino is a Spanish word used to describe the meat of a Squat Lobster which is actually more of a crab. Regardless of what it is, it is tasty. You can also use Shrimp, Scallops, Crab or any of your favorite seafood for this recipe. I tossed mine into the mix frozen and it cooked up nicely. You can also thaw a little under warm water before tossing into the mix. The ginger combined with the lemon juice at the end makes this dish light and bright.
Note: This recipe is designated “ME” for Mindful Eating and is generally lower in fat and calories than some of my other recipes. You can search for other mindful recipes in the navigation bar above under Food Love, Recipes and Mindful Eating.
- 2 Cups Frozen Lobster, Shrimp, Crab or Scallops (I used Langostino Tails)
- 3 Cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cut in 1/2
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Ginger, freshly grated
- 1 Shallot, coarsely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Fresh Ground Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper (I'm currently in love with Trader Joe's Flower Pepper)
- 3 Cups Kale, torn into large pieces
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium roasting pan toss Seafood of choice with Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Ginger, Shallot, 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Place pan in oven and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and layer Kale over top. Drizzle with last Tablespoon of Olive Oil. Sprinkle with a little additional Sea Salt.
- Place pan back in oven and roast for another 20-30 minutes until Kale is crisp on the edges.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with fresh lemon juice squeezed on top. Enjoy!