Honey Roasted Pear Salad with Goat Cheese (ME)
If you love roasted pears, goat cheese, or both this salad is divine! It takes minimal time to prepare and tastes like something out of a gourmet kitchen. You really can’t go wrong with fresh goat cheese, a little honey and roasted fruit.
For simplicity and time saving you can always replace the handmade dressing below with your favorite salad dressing from the market. Any sweeter, lighter vinaigrette is an ideal accompaniment. You can also substitute the pears for peaches or apples. All of which are delicious when roasted with a little butter and honey. Add nuts, dried cranberries, fresh raspberries or your other favorites for additional twists. But the simple flavors of this salad are perfection.
8 Cups Baby Arugula
3.5 oz. Goat Cheese
2 Bosc Pears – Cut in 1/2 and cored (choose fruit that is firm and golden)
4 Tbsp Butter, divided
8 Tbsp Honey, divided
Fresh Ground Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Blood Orange (juice fresh squeezed)
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Fresh Ground Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a small dish. Spread 2 Tbsp Melted Butter on a baking sheet. Lay 1/2 pears flesh down on the buttered baking dish. Rub tops of pears with remaining 2 Tbsp Butter. Drizzle with 4 Tbsp Honey, Sprinkle with fresh ground sea salt and pepper.
3. Put pears in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until pierced through easily with a fork.
4. While Pears are roasting, divide Arugula in 4 salad bowls and make salad dressing.
5. DRESSING: Squeeze juice of one blood orange into a plastic or glass container. Add vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly.
6. When pears are finished, remove from oven. Drizzle freshly whisked salad dressing over the arugula. Place warm pears, flesh side up on salad. Divide goat cheese evenly between the salads and scoop into center of pears. Drizzle with 4 Tbsp honey. Finish with fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy!