Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I first made these Brussels Sprouts for a family Thanksgiving gathering in a cabin in the mountains of Gatlinburg, TN. Brussels Sprouts were never a holiday staple for my family, but this recipe put them on the map for us. I’ve served this dish to many friends who’ve never had a Brussels Sprout and they are pleasantly surprised. And seasoned Brussels Sprout eaters mark this as a favorite. I hope you, your friends and family find this little dish delightful, too.
16 oz. fresh Brussels Sprouts, cut in 1/2, stem cut from bottom, outermost leaves removed
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1/4 cup Italian Dressing
1/4 cup Local Honey
2 tbsp Butter, diced into small squares
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Chopped, Crispy Bacon (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place Brussels Sprouts in a single layer in a medium roasting pan.
4. Add orange juice, Italian dressing, butter and olive oil to Brussels Sprouts. Drizzle honey heavily over the top. Add Bacon (optional).
5. Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
7. Toss thoroughly to ensure Brussels Sprouts are thoroughly coated with mixture.
8. Roast in preheated over for about 30 minutes, or until Brussels Sprouts are tender and browned around the edges. 15 minutes into roasting pull Brussels Sprouts of out oven and spoon juices over the top.