These bacon wrapped, honey drizzled, cheese stuffed babies are ooey-gooey, salty, sweet bites of goodness. They are a wonderful appetizer and make the perfect Valentine’s Day munchie treat. The bonus factor here is we all know bacon is an aphrodisiac. Hello! Particularly for men. So bring on the bacon, baby. I’m sure figs have some magical powers, too, they just seem destined for something special with their unusual taste and luscious texture.
- 12 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon
- 12 Dried Figs (ensure they're still soft, like Calimyrna)
- 12 Teaspoons Honey Goat Cheese (or plain goat cheese)
- Honey to drizzle over the top
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- Toothpicks to attach wraps
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until bacon is about 50% cooked. Remove from the oven and lay bacon on folded paper towels on a plate to soak up oil and cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- While the bacon is cooling, cut each fig in half but not all the way through, leaving them slightly attached on one side.
- Scoop one teaspoon of goat cheese into each halved fig and smoosh halves together (like little figgy cheese sandwiches).
- Cover a clean baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Once bacon is cool, wrap each cheese filled fig with a piece of bacon. Affix the rolled bacon to the fig with a toothpick. Place completed fig on foil covered baking sheet. Roll all twelve figs, placing them about an inch apart. Drizzle figs with honey and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Cook in the 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until bacon is browned with crispy edges.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Eat each as one whole bite. Enjoy!