Garlic Sautéed Spinach
Sometimes the simplest foods are the best, and this sautéed spinach is no exception. A little garlic, olive oil and lemon can make a lovely green a bite of heaven in just a few minutes time. This dish is healthy and satisfying, and a favorite for nights when I want to walk away from the dinner table with zero guilt.
This is a quick dish to make so be sure to stand by the stove and monitor the quick progress for the best color, flavor and texture.
Note: This recipe is designated “ME” for Mindful Eating and is generally lower in fat and calories than some of my other recipes. You can search for other mindful recipes in the navigation bar above under Food Love, Recipes and Mindful Eating.
- 4 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat warm Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes until you can smell the cooking garlic.
- Place all Spinach on top of Garlic mixture, and let cook down for about 30 seconds. Stir Garlic and Spinach together and let cook for another 30 seconds to a minute while still stirring. Just enough to warm and wither the spinach but leave it bright green.
- Serve immediately while warm and squeeze one lemon wedge over the top of each serving to add brightness to the flavor. Note: This recipe serves 2, and you can easily multiply as needed with the rule of thumb that 2 Cups of Fresh Spinach when cooked down makes one serving. Enjoy!