Cranberry Butter Cookies
I love fresh cranberries during the holidays. As I was jotting down ideas for my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies the fresh cranberries in my fridge were lingering. My mind turned to Cranberry Butter, then to Butter Cookies and this recipe was born. These turned out to be my favorites this season. The tart cranberries were a nice contrast to the sweet and salty of the other cookies in my kitchen. Yield: About 30 Cookies
1/2 Cup Fresh Cranberries
1 Cup Butter, room temperature
1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla
2 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor combine Fresh Cranberries and 2 Tablespoons of Sugar until coarsely chopped.
3. In an electric mixer cream together Butter and Chopped Cranberries. Once thoroughly combined, add remaining 1 Cup Sugar and mix for about 4 minutes until light and creamy. Add Egg and Vanilla and continue to mix. Add Flour (gradually in small increments) and mix thoroughly. Once all ingredients are combined, add Dried Cranberries and mix for about 20 seconds to finish.
4. Scoop dough in walnut sized spoonfuls onto parchment paper. Place balls on the parchment paper about an inch or two apart. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until browned around the edges (tops will still be light in color).
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!