Classic Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
These Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies are a classic in the kitchen year round. You can make a creamy peanut butter spread to make little peanut butter cookie sandwiches or you can spread a little jelly on top for a PB&J fix. Regardless of how you enjoy these I insist you first have a few plain and warm out of the oven to enjoy them at their simple best.
Yield: About 36 Cookies
1/2 Cup Butter, room temperature
1/2 Cup Extra Chunky Peanut Butter, room temperature
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
1 1/2 Cups Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In an electric mixer cream together Butter and Peanut Butter. Once thoroughly combined, add Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar and mix for about 4 minutes until light and creamy. Add Egg and Vanilla and continue to mix. Once well blended remove bowl from electric mixer.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder. Add Flour mixture to the Butter mixture (gradually) and stir to mix. Once all ingredients are combined, add Oats and Peanut Butter Chips and stir to finish.
4. Scoop dough in walnut sized spoonfuls onto parchment paper. Place balls on the parchment paper about an inch or two apart. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until browned around the edges.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!