Bok Choy is one of my new favorite vegetables this year, and I always ensure to keep it stocked in my fridge. I do prefer Bok Choy fresh and crisp in salads and not cooked down into a slimy mush (as you may know it in some fast food style Asian restaurants). Combine this lovely, spicy Asian cabbage with Peaches and Pecans, and you have a Southern inspired summer salad. This recipe is coming out of Kentucky, but it could just as easily be straight out of Georgia. Regardless of the location, it is total goodness.
Yield: 6 Servings
“ME” indicates a healthier Mindful Eating option.
6 Bunches Bok Choy, coarsely chopped
1 Yellow Peach, cut into pieces
3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Freshly Ground Sea Salt
1 Shallot, finely chopped
1 Yellow Peach, cut into slices
1 Avocado, Cut into Slices
2 oz. Goat Cheese Crumbles
1/2 Cup Pecan Pieces (toast if desired)
1. Chop Bok Choy and place it in a large bowl.
2. In a blender of food processor puree together one Yellow Peach, Rice Vinegar, Olive Oil and Sea Salt (add additional Sea Salt in little batches until the flavor suits you). Stir Shallot into dressing. (Note: If you have firm Peaches that create a thick dressing you can add a Tablespoon or two of water to the dressing to thin it out.)
3. Add Peach Dressing to the Bok Choy and Toss.
4. Top with Peach Slices, Avocado, Goat Cheese and Pecans. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat, no longer than a couple hours.
5. Toss all ingredients together immediately before serving. Enjoy!